Monday, April 30, 2007

Birthday

was my 27th birthday on friday...(27ish)...oh ok, was my 32nd birthday last friday. woke up completely miserable. waking up on your own on your birthday sucks! the house was empty, everyone was either away or at work, no one to play with, was totally fed up, not so much about being 32, just the fact of being alone with nothing to do. before i came back id not planned anything to do on my birthday, and was considering a party, but loads of my mates were away, so would have been quite an embarrassment, and unless id organised it to be in a phonebox, any room would have looed a bit barren. anyway, a few days before my birthday, i saw a poster for a gig by miles hunt. miles hunt used to be/is the lead singer in my all time favourite band 'the wonder stuff', ive loved them since i can remember (late 80's), and absolutely idolise miles hunt. he was playing an acoustic gig in nottingham ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! cant tell you how ecstatic i was. bought a few tickets and was soo looking forward to it. anyway, presents a bit scarce as everyone was away, but tam bought me tickets to see muse in concert, and a band called cake that i love. went for lunch at a good friends uber cool cafe that she owns.and was mildly cheered up. went to the cinema on my own in the afternoon (how sad is that??) and saw the new shane meadows film, which is filmed in nottingham, its called 'this is england' and is totally great, and a few mates of mine were in the credits...so birthday day sucked a little...then came the evening...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home