Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Doh!

So i get to aberdeen airport early friday morning to fly back to oslo, queued up at check in for ages, and in the new found spirit of conversationalising (new word) entries, this is how it went:
me: id like to check in please
check in girl: can i have your passport please?
me: yup
check in:...(furiously tapping on keyboard) sir, i cant find you on my list
me: oh, well im there
check in: (furiously tapping more) i cant find you on the flight...sharon, can you help me (maybe she wasnt called sharon...artistic license again)
me: im definately on this flight
check in girls (plural): are you sure sir?
me: yes, i have my printed itinery here, it says, 'confirmed, 9.40am flight aberdeen to oslo, 17th april)
check in: sir...its the 18th today
me: (trying to get bags off the scales and away as soon as my legs could carry me)

had actually missed my flight by a whole day! pillock. and would also explain why my 'hotel' had tried to kick me out of the hotel a day earlier...hmmm...

so left with few options (and having to now fund my return on my own), the next flight to oslo was in 5 hours and was £380...however, i did manage to find a flight direct from aberdeen to nottingham for £120 (see appendix 1, photo of aeroplane)...so i jumped on that, and decided to have an impromptu weekend home...and was very very exciteda bout that as well...queue montage of great weekend at home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home