Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Neils Wedding

The 4th of July was my big brothers big day, and what a wonderful day it was. It was done in just the most perfect way, pretty relaxed, and good fun. It was a small civil service in a hotel in Donnington near nottingham, with a couple of hundred guests. The weather stayed lovely, and most of the afternoon and evening was spent outside in the garden. The ceremony itself was very touching, and not without its black humour, as my brother, still on crutches, had to struggle to sit and stand a number of times during the ceremony, but he coped valiantly. I had the absolute honour of being the best man, and it was with fear and trepidation that i stood to give me speech. Nicolas father is a professional speaker and gave a fantastic speech before mine, which didnt help the nerves! But I managed ok, i hadnt written anything down but had rehearsed it a great number of times in my head, and had completed it on the plan back from florence. i think it went down well. after that, i could really relax and have a few beers. overall, it was such a wonderful wedding, and a very happy occasion. i even managed to grab a few chats with tami...a very pregnant tami, which was lovely and topped of the day nicely. jayne agreed to accompany me and promptly became best friends with my entire family within 5 minutes of being there...i think they now prefer her to me...







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home