Sunday, October 19, 2008

and so...to the U.S. of A

eventually and finally have officially moved to the U.S. and to Texas. been here a couple of days..and yes mum, im safe and sound. photos of first few days to follow. forgot what a total pain it is to move countries, especially outside the EU. there is a non stop list of things you need to do just to get back to the same scenario you have just taken for granted. think about it, i have to get my car (tick) set up a bank account (tick) find a house (possibly/hopefully tick) get furniture, get a social security number, get a driving licence, find your way around, find friends...(again) etc... such a hassle, but am slowly getting there. to be fair, my company have given me about 5 different agencies to help me, and i get looked after a lot, but is still a lot to do just to live.
but, i sit here in starbucks on a beautiful sunny day in Houston, after having jsut gone for a run in memorial park, which is stunningly beautiful...i kinda get the feeling that im gonna love it here...i get a good vibe from it. cant wait to get a house though and get my belongings delivered, ive been living out of a suitcase for weeks now since i left norway, and living in a hotel aint as nice as it sounds...anyway...as a bad comic would say, 'good evening houston, its great to be here'...and you know what...it is.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laandan, enjoyed your blogg about transition. When you are settled in
Houston, turn your TV to KHCW Channel
39 on the air, channel 5 on cable
at 9pm and you will see my son presenting sports at about 9:20pm.
You may notice he has an asian look
about him, his mother, (my wife) if from Thailand. We met 40 years ago while I was in the Army over there.
I stayed 4 yrs, and we go back often.
Good luck in Houston. They have every kind of food you could want
especially Thai food, Try Nit Noi's.

 
At 3:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you gonna love Houston...now you're "officially" there maybe is time to change location in your profile...
Great Thailand pictures, my friend, stay more there next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home