Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Weekend



Weekend was good. Friday night stayed in and downloaded muchos music onto my new baby…my new 80gig ipod….decided now that I don’t need friends as long as I have my ipod! Sunday, I went up a mountain with a few friends. It was a place about 3 hours drive north eat of niigata, called yamagata, amazing views from the top, and it was a beautifully sunny day so the visibility was perfect…if not slightly cold! Then drove for about another 30 mins to another place, to see a Buddhist temple and Japanese buildings/houses on top of a hill. Both places were crammed with Japanese tourists! Now, ive been to many places where there are Japanese tourists (outside of japan) and they can be a real scourge, all matching bright garish clothes without the ability to talk in less than 200 decibels. Strangely, they are not like that here, maybe they have to be loud when they leave the country to keep up some devious stereotype or something????....
Was a lovely day though and felt like id done something ‘japanesey’, which is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home